Friday, October 12, 2007

TGIF!

We finished our two-week session of language school today! I think we’re going to try to squeeze in some more classes once we get our work schedules figured out. I went to Compassion today but need to go back on Monday because the lady I needed to talk to was in a meeting. So, I’ll head back there on Monday morning and hopefully we can work something out!

We’re looking forward to Lauren’s birthday party tomorrow! We invited our Spanish teachers and we think they might actually come. Some other friends have told us they’re coming so it should be lots of fun. We’re just hoping the rain holds off and we can enjoy the pool. Lauren and I are having trouble deciding what to serve. We’re hoping to get inspired at the grocery store tomorrow.

Today was fairly uneventful, which was fine with us. Lauren took a walk to the real estate office to drop off a thank you note and party invitation while I went to the outdoor market to buy a piñata, bucket, and water cooler. I made a poor decision by purchasing the piñata within 2 minutes of arriving and thus was forced to carry a 4-foot Pooh bear around the market trying to find the other items. It was comical. The highlight of my day came when I purchased a machete for about $2.50. I plan on using it to cut down some bananas and coconuts growing outside our apartment. I do feel more manly just having bought it, though.

It’s almost 9:30pm so it’s about my bedtime. Hope all is well. We miss you all very much, thanks for all of the support!!

Love,

dw

No comments: