Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Volcano and a Bat Cave

Pictures from our trip are up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwnicaragua

Yesterday was certainly full of activity! I played soccer with Esmir and some of his college friends this morning and had lots of fun. Lauren and Nefret relaxed by the pool until Esmir and I returned around noon. We had some lunch before Nefret, Esmir, and I headed off to Volcan Masaya (Masaya Volcano) for the afternoon.

The bus ride to the volcano was crowded and long but definitely worthwhile. The volcano was amazing. It was much bigger than I imagined and quite spectacular looking. We spent some time hiking up to see this cross and look at the beautiful view of the surrounding countryside. Afterwards we took a tour of some caves nearby. They were pretty neat although the flying bats were a bit scary.

Last night Nefret, Lauren, and I went to a restaurant near our apartment which we’ve wanted to try. We had a great meal. I was quite tired from the soccer and hiking so I fell asleep early.

That’s all for now – hope everyone is having a great weekend back at home. We’ll be back in 2 ½ weeks for thanksgiving!

Much love,

dw

1 comment:

anon said...

Tight pics del Volcan amigos.